HOW TO TELL IF YOU HAVE BED BUGS. 5 WAYS TO IDENTIFY THESE LITTLE PESTS.
Bed Bugs are parasitic insects that feed solely on blood. Cimex lectularius, the common bed bug, is the most famous as it likes to feed on human blood. They are notorious for being tricky to treat but with the right steps from a good pest control agent you will be able to beat these little bugs. Acting fast is often the key to stop them spreading. We have created this handy list to help you identify whether or not you have a bed bug infestation.
1. You might have bites. The first thing you might notice is a bite reaction on your skin. These are often itchy and red. Sometimes these will occur in lines accross your skin. They may cause rash or fluid filled blisters, but this is only in more severe cases. The bites will most likely be on your shoulders or body as it is fleas that like to bite legs and feet.
2. You might see bed bug droppings. This could appear as tiny specks of black on your mattress.
3. You might see bed bugs. Tiny bugs, or eggs, particularly round the joints of your mattress, furniture or carpet. Or you might be able to see the bed bug’s shell which they shed as they grow.
4. Smell. You may notice a musty smell or unpleasant odour in your bedroom.
5. Spots of blood on your sheets. This is from crushing bed bugs as you move around on your sheet.
If you see any of these signs it really is important to call a professional pest control agent as soon as possible. We promise this isn’t just to plug for more work. These little blighters genuinely need expert attention. Always look out for the CEPA or BCPA certified logo.
If you are based in Essex or East London then give us a call anytime for friendly advice.